One way to avoid some of the frustrations that come with moving is by utilizing temporary storage to stay organized and on track during the entire process.
Our VODS container system simplifies the DIY moving and storage experience. VODS containers eliminate the need to rent your own truck, the multiple handing in and out of self storage facilities, and the time pressure associated with moving and storing.
The best time to start looking at storage options is when you are ready to begin packing. This way you can move unused, under-used, or unwanted items out of the way quickly. This allows you to focus on the big picture — a clutter-free, mess-free packing experience.
Keep like items packed together. Label each box clearly and consider creating an inventory list as well. Load packed boxes into your car right away and begin filling up your unit. Doing this allows you to free up space for you to move, organize, and clean.
How should you pack your unit?
Properly packing your VODS portable storage unit is vital because it allows you to utilize your space effectively. To pack your unit, follow these tips:
- Use similar-sized boxes or plastic bins with the heaviest boxes at the bottom and the lightest ones toward the top.
- Label each container clearly and always have the labels facing out.
- Store less-frequently used things near the back and important things near the front where you can easily access if needed.
- Leave aisles down the center of the unit for accessibility.
- Utilize free-standing shelves for fragile or delicate items and to maximize space.
- Store furniture by stacking vertically to optimize space and cover with a drop-cloth for protection.
- Do not pack any items that are flammable, perishable, or otherwise unsafe. If you are unsure what you can and cannot pack, check out our “Items Not to Pack” list.
Why use VODS for temporary storage?
VODS containers are made with durable, all-weather steel construction to ensure the maximum amount of security for your possessions. Our containers also feature:
- Waterproof, slip-resistant fiber on the top and bottom
- Two vents to promote airflow
- A wide, lockable swing door for easy access
- 3 sized containers to fit your needs – 10′, 16′, and 20′
- Vertical E-Track load securing tie-off
- T-Latch door retention system
On top of that, VODS storage containers offer a wide variety of benefits ranging from peace of mind to included packing materials.
Stay organized and plan ahead!